Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adoption - Go or No-Go?

My DH's cousin has just delivered her 11th child... 11th, ladies and gentlemen!!! How insane was that!

The husband is only a contractor and the wife is not working. One of their children is a down-syndrome. When she first got pregnant to her 11th child, i offered myself to become her child's legal guardian as I know how difficult the family was. But, she refused. She said to me that even if she has to eat "pasir", she will never give any of her children to anybody. Well, it does make sense!

But, things have changed now. I guess, she has started to feel exhausted of carrying sooo many children. Or maybe, the more obvious reason is MONEY! She called my MIL and offered her baby to us.

Ok now.. I have a very important decision to make..

GO OR NO GO?

Should I adopt the baby or not? If i take the baby NOW, obviously, I am not ready.. I have lots of things to buy.. baby stuffs! Will I ever make it?

If i reject the baby now, will I ever gonna receive the same opportunity in the near future?

Talking about adoption and religion, that will be a different story, right? My mum kept telling me about aurat with my adopted child if he/she grew up later? (not that i really take care of my OWN aurat, but this is a point to ponder)


Ya Allah,
Give me some guidance,
Please show me the way,
Am I fated to help the babies in need?
Will I ever gonna conceive on my own?
Am I ready?
Show me the way, Ya Rabb..





5 comments:

  1. salam Reen, lepas run through ur blog, i yakin, u seorg wanita yang sgt tabah dan kuat.. teruskan usaha untuk memiliki zuriat tanpa rasa jemu.. i doakan u akan mempunyai zuriat sendiri, suatu hari nanti... One of my closed friend, selepas i think almost 10 years.. selepas 2 anak angkat dia ambil, akhirnya dia mengandung... kuasa Tuhan, tiada siapa dpt menghalangnya.. jangan berhenti berdoa ye.. take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. reen. take the baby.
    i know it doesnt sound easy.
    but, please take the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reen,

    kalau dia boy, u could become ibu susu. ye aku tau tak mudah, but the pills could work (aku tak 100% sure, but cuba la kan. tho it did not work with me)

    if u become the ibu susu, the aurat issue could be solved.

    tp, kalo die girl, aku rasa, better dptkan opinion pakar agama.

    but then, follow ur heart, and do adopt.

    aku doakan kau.

    mrs s (makemepregnant.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for adoption! And see your doc for hormone pills so that u can breastfeed the child, boy or girl :) we can never be ready. I'm 5 weeks before my EDD but yet I don't feel ready. InsyaAllah we'll be ready when the child is I. Our arms :)

    I too plan to adopt one baby one day. I love kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i wanted to take the baby.. tapi parents baby tu kasik conditions lahh pulak! tension!

    ReplyDelete